top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find the approved fence stain for Greens Prairie Reserve Community Association? -

Sherwin Williams Paint Store in Bryan and College Station carries the approved fence stain.  Please ask for the  "Greens Prairie Reserve - Hawthorne" stain.  Call the store before you go to be sure they have it in stock that day.

Where can I get a key for my cluster mailbox?

Cluster mailboxes are owned and maintained by the US Postal Service. You will need to go to the Main Post Office located at 2121 E Wm J Bryan Pkwy, Brian, TX 77801 to request your keys. If you are a homeowner, you will need to bring a copy of your documents from closing for proof of address. Renters will need to bring a copy of their lease. There is a $25.00 cost to re-key the lock and provide you the new keys. The postal service will tell you what your box number is when they give you the keys.

What is the policy for trash containers?

Trash containers must be stored where it is not visible from any street, Common Area or lot per the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Greens Prairie Reserve -

“…Trash may only be placed outside for collection the evening before collection.  Such trash must be contained to protect from animals or spillage and trash cans must be removed from sight the same evening of collection” as per the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of Greens Prairie Reserve (CCRs), Article VI, Section M, recorded in Volume 15406, Page 21 of the Official Records of Brazos County, Texas.  (CCRs are posted on this website under “Association/General Documents”)

City of College Station - Garbage and Recycling Collection

The City of College Station provides all Solid Waste Services to the residents and businesses of College Station. Recycling is currently contracted to BVR Waste and Recycling for single-family residences.
Each residential customer receives the following services:

  • Garbage: weekly (Fridays)

  • Bulky & brush: weekly (Fridays)

  • Recycling: bi-weekly (every other Friday)

Brush items include tree limbs, shrubs, woody vines, and other herbaceous or woody plants.
Bulky items include furniture, household appliances, and other items too large to fit in a garbage container. This does NOT include bags of household garbage.
Brush and Bulky items should be placed in separate piles for collection.
Do not pile bags, recyclables, trash, or etc. around or on top of your container, or it will not be collected.
Containers and items for collection must be placed at the curb in front of your residence before 8 a.m. on your collection day.
Do not place them:

  • Closer than 4 feet from other containers, mailboxes, parked vehicles, trees, etc.

  • On a sidewalk or in the street.

  • Over sprinkler heads, water or gas meters, or cable/electrical boxes.

Do not set out your container earlier than 12 hours before your scheduled collection day. In addition, the container needs to be removed from the curb within 12 hours after collection.

Never miss a collection day and know holiday schedule changes by downloading our free College Station Curbside app at

bottom of page